Who can be reluctant to sink their teeth into a soft, rich, and spongy cake?
Chocolate Cake is an all-time favourite and must be added to everybody’s cooking directories. Astonishingly simple, this intense egg-less chocolate cake needs just 3 ingredients and no complex preparations. Can’t wait to try it out? So, let’s get started!
All you need is:
- Bourbon biscuits – 2 Packets/240grams
- Milk – 1 cup
- Eno/flavourless powder antacid – 1 small pack
- Oil – 1 spoon (for greasing)
Bourbon biscuits have chocolate flavour, sugar on top, and cream inside. That’s why additional oil and sugar is not needed in this recipe. Milk helps the batter achieve smooth consistency and Eno makes the cake spongy.
- Add some water into a flat-bottomed cooker or kadhai with a tight lid and place a utensil stand or cookie cutter inside it. Make sure that water does not submerge the stand. Cover the cooker tightly and let the steam form.
- Meanwhile, add biscuits in a mixer and grind them into a fine powder.
- Transfer the biscuit powder into a mixing bowl and gradually add milk in two batches while stirring. Once done, you will achieve a smooth batter.
- Add Eno and stir the mix while moving hands either in a clock-wise or anti-clock wise direction. Once the Eno dissolves completely, your batter will be ready for baking.
- Take the cake tin or any flat bottomed bowl and grease it with oil.
- Transfer the ready batter to the cake tin and place it carefully in the steaming cooker.
- Lower the flame to medium and let the batter cook for 30-40 minutes. Do not open the lid before 35 minutes. Early escape of steam may harden the cake.
- Open the lid and pierce the cake with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is ready.
- Carefully scrape the sides and flip to get the cake out of the mould.
- The cake is now ready to be served! You can also garnish the cake using bits of chocolate, biscuits or even a ganache made from semi-sweet or milk chocolates.
Wasn’t that literally zero efforts? Cake making cannot get easier than this, guys! Do try this recipe and share it with your friends so that they can satiate their cake-pangs too, with this quick recipe.