No matter what country you hail from, a thing that unites us all is our love for PIZZA! (Except for pineapple pizza; we aren’t with you this one). Although local pizzerias are the next thing that comes to our mind when we think of pizza, but what if you have random cravings someday and your fav pizza place isn’t available? Moreover, ever thought of impressing people with your pizza-making skills?
If you’re thinking “But I don’t have what it takes,” let us tell you*you’re one classic cheesy margarita pizza, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise;* which is why we’re going to make a great pizzaiolo out of yourself by the end of this blog.
Let’s get into it. Shall we?
Make that Dough!
Although getting readymade pizza dough is a thing you could do, making your own dough gives an authentic feeling. What will you need?
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 2 Teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Omit if Cooking Pizza in a Wood-Fired Pizza Oven)
- 1.5 Teaspoons Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Sugar
Sauce For Your Pizza:
- Tomato Sauce
- Toppings that you enjoy
- Cheese (Mozzarella)
Place warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkle the yeast, and let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved.
Mix in the flour, salt, sugar, and olive oil and then knead them until it turns into a fine dough that is a little sticky to touch. Ferment it overnight in the fridge and let the dough rise (along with your expectations!).
Making The Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 475°F (245°C) for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.
- Prep the toppings that you would like to put on your pizza
- Sprinkle some flour on the base where you are about to put your dough (to prevent it from sticking).
- Put your dough on the base and flatten it out in round shape using your fingertips. Gently press it (should be 1/2-inch thick).
- Turn and stretch the dough as much as you want your pizza base to be.
- Brush the dough with some olive oil and let it rest another 10-15 minutes
- Spread the pizza sauce over the entire dough while leaving the edges, and then add cheese (you can put as much as you like).
- Add the toppings, and if you want, you can again go for a second round of cheese all over it. (optional)
- Put the loaded dough base in the oven and bake it on 475°F (245°C) for about 10-15 minutes (until the crust is slight brown, and the cheese is golden).
There you go, the pizza is ready to be served. We bet you could give Domino’s a run for their money with this recipe! Enjoy your pizza and let us know how it turned out.