Wild curls or straight tresses? The struggle is real. It’s always been hard to choose between wearing straight, simple hairstyles and getting curls. And while curls bring out the wild, fun, and giddy personality in you, they also look amazing. But they are high maintenance. Hours of perming and excess use of heat; is it worth it?
Curls are simply love, and worth every effort, except for the fact that we’ll minus the effort and add the oomph with these simple DIY heatless curls.
1. The Natural Curly Hair Look
- Start by tying your hair into a ponytail
- Spray water on your hair, just to dampen it enough, and then take out an individual small section of your hair. (you can also use a mouse or a hair contouring serum for better definition)
- Take 2 fingers and curl a section of your hair around the fingers, and then secure them against your scalp through a pin.
- Do this with your complete section of hair that you want to curl.
- Once your hair dries out completely, unpin them and let the au-natural heatless curls flow.
2. The Beach Waves (Natural Look)
- Begin by dampening your hair with water.
- Use a conditioning cream or a hair contouring serum.
- Divide your hair into 2 sections, just like you do for making 2 side braids.
- Make 2 braids, and secure them in the end with rubber bands.
- If you want, you can use a blow dry on medium heat to help give a better effect, but as we are swearing by the “no heat” method, no added pressure there!
- Keep them for as long as you can (probably do this at night before sleeping) and there you go, your beach waves are ready to be stared at!
3. The Soft Curls
Soft heatless curls look so dreamy, and they aren’t too much work. Though, you’ve got to get some rollers for good defined soft curls.
- On damp hair, apply hair contouring serum proportionately.
- Start rolling sections from the bottom up and secure them with a bobby pin against the scalp.
- Leave in for 2-3 hours straight, and there you go! You have your Disney princess hairstyle ready!
4. The Wild Curls
There are many ways of getting this Zendaya look, but they are time-consuming. So we’ve found a way to help you get them easy and timely, and that is through Spoolies. Now, what are those? They look something like this, and you can buy them online at https://www.amazon.in/Spoolies-Hair-Curlers-12-Count/dp/B00SGZYP6G
- Dampen your hair and put a hair setting spray or a hair contouring serum
- Simply twist and wrap pieces of your hair (small sections for better results) onto the Spoolies, then bend them to hold your hair, like this
- Let your hair air-dry overnight, as it is rolled and bent in the spoolies.
- You can take them down after a good night’s sleep in the morning. The longer you leave the Spoolie on, the tighter your curls will come out to be.
5. The Simple French Twisted Hairstyle
- This French twist technique can make you have salon-like curls, literally in minutes.
- Dampen hair and put some serum or hair contouring potion.
- Twist sections of your dampen hair over and make those twists into little buns. Secure them against the scalp with a pin.
- Leave them at least for 4-6 hours to get the best look.
- After you’re done, don’t brush them rather use your hands to detangle the hair.
Going heat-free for summer is the perfect way to save time on your salon routine and give your hair the protection it needs. These tricks are bound to ramp up your heatless curls hair game and bring out the diva in you.
Get them curls on!